Saturday 31 May 2008

Sewing Machine Mania



I have been making decisions again. Following my L5 spinal disc injury in January I have been trying to recover - it now looks like I will never be able to lift very much weight, so I have reluctantly decided to let all the sewing machines go. I have always liked old machines, am not a collector (although I do own a few) and have restored them and sold them on for a long time. Shown above are a Wheeler and Wilson 9 from 1896 or thereabouts, and a Singer 29k15 Boot Patcher machine on a treadle. I have some rather more practical machines too, link and prices here
I'm sorry to see them go, but I am looking at quite a long term recovery here. I go for my MRI scan on Monday, to confirm the problem.. If it means surgery I do not quite know how I will manage...

And here's the little beast that did for my back....