I made 3 samples. The first,
where I started from the suggested "crayon rubbing" from a block was not working, so I made another.
This has tendencies to Treeness, I wonder why. I also wonder why Blogger has rejected the image...
Then, because I found a couple of irresistable scraps in the threads box, I made a third piece with a spiral, as the smocks seem to have lots of spirals
So then I came back to the first piece and added more stitch, coming in the process away from the traditional feather and chains, into herringbone. Immediately much more corsety..
The Exhibition, on the whole was utterly unlikeable.. Slight work and nothing outside.. Such a pity